A unique experience
The Eiffel Tower is the symbol of Paris and its most famous landmark. Its 324 metre iron structure can be seen from almost everywhere in the city and for a few days it had a lofty companion - the CUPRA Ateca driving around the first race track ever built on the rooftop of an eight floor building.
- More than a century apart: The Eiffel Tower has crowned the Parisian skies for 120 years, while CUPRA launched the brand's first model just one year ago. This model was inspired by racing, yet designed for the city. Now it leaves the streets behind to return to its origins, on a race track that was built in just six days in the centre of the Paris.
- 120 kilometres per hour and 27 metres above the ground: Far from measuring up to the landmark monument of the French capital, this track will be remembered as the first ever to be built on the rooftop of an eight floor building in Paris, featuring a final curve on a 21 degree incline. “I've been on racetracks all over the world, but never on one like this with such spectacular views”, admits racer Mikel Azcona.
- 7,300 tonnes as opposed to 300 hp output: The Eiffel Tower was built using iron and was a revolutionary centrepiece for the 1889 World's Fair. The CUPRA Ateca rolled out into the world of SUVs in 2018 delivering 300 hp, which made quite an impression on Azcona during the event. “What impressed me the most is the aggressiveness it displays and its power output, in addition to how agile it is in the curves.”
- Resistant to the passage of time, despite the rain: It rains an average of 111 days every year in Paris and the Eiffel Tower has withstood the ongoing effects of corrosion on its metallic structure. On a slick track where water also wanted to leave its mark on this experience, the rain was no impediment for the CUPRA Ateca equipped with its 4Drive four-wheel drive. “Driving in the rain was even more amazing, but it had surprising grip on this slippery track - it was incredible.”
- Record-setting figures: Every year more than 7 million tourists visit the Eiffel Tower, making it one of the most visited monuments in the world. CUPRA's SUV model also boasts record figures, with more than 7,600 units sold since its launch.
A unique experience in facts and figures
The Eiffel Tower
300 metres (324 with the addition of the aerial)
7,300 tonnes of wrought iron
Painted 19 times since 1889
Built in 2 years, 2 months and 5 days
The CUPRA Ateca
300 hp – 0 to 100 km/h acceleration in 4.9 seconds
Six driving modes
More than 7,600 units sold since 2018
Accent features in carbon fibre
23 years old; the second youngest WTCR racer
TCR Europe champion in 2018
2019 champion at the WTCR event in Vila Real (Portugal)
CUPRA HQ Communication
Content & TV Activation
T / +34 680 153 938
M/ +34 699 839 706