Winter time just a few kilometres from the Arctic Circle. A completely white land, where about 200 words are used to describe snow by the local culture, with temperatures reaching 30 below zero and a circuit on a 6 km2 frozen lake. The CUPRA engineers have spent two years testing the car on this harsh environment, using cutting-edge technology to take the development of the CUPRA Born to the highest level. Now in the final test stage before its launch, they are pushing the brand’s first 100% electric car to its limits in the most difficult conditions.
- Electrical performance in extreme cold. This is a decisive phase in the development of the CUPRA Born. The CUPRA team is subjecting the electric car to more than 1,000 tests in the coldest temperatures on the planet. The durability test consists in driving 30,000 kilometres day and night. The aim is to ensure that the CUPRA Born delivers the best performance in any conditions.
- 100% CUPRA adrenaline. The dynamism of the first 100% electric CUPRA has been a crucial aspect of its development. The Dynamic Chassis Control and the different damper firmness settings are tested on a circuit on a frozen lake. The inner part of the track is more polished, the outer part less so, in order to promote sliding. In this way, the engineers ensure sportiness with no impact on the environment.
- Braking precision. The CUPRA Born is put to the test on tracks that combine ice and asphalt surfaces in different ways, which means different grip conditions. The CUPRA team recreates the most difficult conditions. Sensors on all four wheels analyse each type of terrain to find the balance that provides the most stable braking.
- Instant comfort. Because it is fully electric, the response of the CUPRA Born’s climate control system is immediate. Even at -30ºC, the vehicle delivers the maximum level of heating power from the very first second. Despite being almost 4,000 km away from the Technical Centre in Martorell (Barcelona), the engineers used state-of-the-art technology, such as 3D printers, to develop the air conditioning system. They overcame several challenges; on the one hand, to create a silent system and, on the other hand, an efficient one, in order to obtain the best feeling of comfort while maintaining the highest level of autonomy.
- The CUPRA Born, coming soon. CUPRA’s first 100% electric car has successfully completed each of more than 1,000 extreme tests. Its technology, performance, dynamism, braking precision and comfort are no withstand for the most severe climates.
The World Premiere of CUPRA’s first 100% electric model takes place at the beginning of May.
CUPRA HQ Communications
Head of Content Activation
M/ +34 639 944 087
TV and Media Activations
M/ +34 639 944 087